Not really. But I feel like I did! Where has the last week and a half even gone?! I’m still trying to work my way through my daily schedule. Sad, I know. But I have phone reminders to blog now! IT’S GONNA HAPPEN, Y’ALL!
First of all, I had a fantastic weekend. Yes, I’m blogging about it a week late. I’m ashamed. But I did! My brother and I went and heard some local music at Fenian’s on Friday, and then Saturday we drove up to Starkville for the MSU game against Troy! We got there early, bought some state gear, and had some fun tailgating and watching the drumline before the game started. My brother’s old RA at Mississippi College transferred to State and is apparently the bully mascot now, so we ran into him and talked for a second, too. Small world, no? The game itself was awesome. I’m so happy I FINALLY got to see my team kick some tail!
I am still really enjoying student teaching. I started teaching third period this week (and I subbed for two days last week and survived my first fire drill… that’s a story for another day). I’m loving teaching. I hear some people tell stories of making it to student-teaching and realizing that they weren’t called to teach. It couldn’t be further from the truth for me. I love teaching. I know it’s what I was made to do. I am exhausted – as in, I got home at 3 yesterday and fell asleep and didn’t wake up til 7, but I love it. So much. I may even have a few interviews coming up, so keep me in your prayers…
I’m also trying to pick up some slack with MSWB. I’m Blogger of the Month there for October, so I’m working on some phobia/fear related posts. And believe me, I have a lot to say on those topics. I hope you enjoy what I contribute. Speaking of MSWB, round two of their getting to know you link-up is here!
1. What is your favorite thing to do in your hometown? I love running in Raymond! It’s a small town, so I feel like I really get to explore on my runs. Is that a dumb answer? I don’t care. I love it!
2. What is the best vacation spot in Mississippi? Natchez is pretty awesome!
3. Tell us about the most fun date night idea in Mississippi. The most fun date night I have ever had here wasn’t really partial to Mississippi. My date, being the poor broke soul he was, took me to the dollar tree and we each picked out five things to do, and then we got Chinese take out and had a picnic. It was a super simple date, but it was so much fun.
4. What is one fun fact that very few people know about you? My stomach is upside down and it is physically impossible for me to burp!
5. Who is your favorite sports team (if you have one) and how did it start? Mississippi State. I feel like I was raised on MSU sports!
6. What are your top three “Best Eats” in Mississippi? 1. Keifer’s. 2. Sal and Mookies. 3. OEC. Variety, right?!
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Teaching, and hopefully still acting. Married, possibly, although who knows!
8. If you could choose an actress to play you in real life, who would you choose and why? It’s a toss-up between Anna Kendrick, Emma Stone, and Jennifer Lawrence. I feel like a ‘why’ isn’t even necessary with those three.
9. What is a southern tradition you and your family have? Reading A Cajun Night Before Christmas
10. List 5 things on your Bucket List you hope to do before you die.
1. Do voice-over work.
2. Get a lead role in one of my favorite plays.
3. Have a book published.
4. Find someone who makes me happy.
5. Own a ragdoll cat named Mr. Tumnus.
I aim high, y’all. All around!